CLOSTPATH is committed to a safe, welcoming and inclusive community.
Participants, including – but not limited to – organizers, speakers, sponsors, staff, volunteers and attendees are expected to respect the following code of conduct.
- Conference badges indicating name and affiliation should be visibly worn at all times during the conference.
- During the CLOSTPATH plenary sessions, mobile phones should be switched off, or set to Airplane/Silent mode in order not to disturb presenters and/or audience.
- Smoking is prohibited in the entire Stadsgehoorzaal building.
- CLOSTPATH encourages open discussion on digital media but asks that attendees are respectful of the presenting authors’ preference and considerate of their research output (see Recording/Social media below).
- CLOSTPATH is committed to equality of opportunity, and strives to prevent biases not related to scientific merit.
- CLOSTPATH offers a professional networking experience and expects that all participants are treated with respect, irrespective of socioeconomic background, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or nationality.
- CLOSTPATH expects open scientific discourse during which opinions of others and constructive criticism are valued, while personal attacks (verbal or otherwise) are not acceptable.
- Harassment, bullying or intimidation will not be tolerated as it undermines the integrity of the meeting. Harassment includes but is not limited to inappropriate language and behavior, unwelcome jokes or comments, unwanted physical interaction, photography or video recording without permission, and stalking.
- If you experience any harassment, please inform the conference staff who will take immediate action.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply, and if failing to do so, will be denied further access to the conference without financial compensation or reimbursement.
- Where alcoholic beverages are available in the context of the conference, participants are expected to drink responsibly.
Recording by photo, film, or other means.
Recording by photo, film, or other means
- Please respect the indicated preference of presenters and obtain permission when necessary prior to recording.
- Attendees are not allowed to take photos or videos of scientific material shown in any oral or poster presentations if a presenter displays the ‘no photography/no recording’ icons at the start of an oral presentation or on the poster board.
- Integral recording of complete oral presentations is not allowed in order to allow an unobstructed view of the slides.
- To prevent frequent distractions, the use of flash is not allowed.
- CLOSTPATH follows the guideline for consent related to pictures of a person in a public space under the EU General Data Protection Regulations. Recording via video, photograph, or other means of participants to the CLOSTPATH is in general allowed as long as people are not shown in incriminatory or private situations and images are not used in a misleading or derogatory way. It is recommended to obtain permission of a person recorded if they appear in an identifiable way.
- Please respect the indicated preference of presenters when using social media and obtain permission when necessary prior to posting on social media.
- You are invited to use the hashtag #clostpath2019 to communicate about the content of the meeting or your time at the conference.
- Attendees are not allowed to take photos or videos of any scientific material at the conference if a presenter displays the ‘no sharing’ icon at the start of an oral presentation or on the poster board.
The organizers do not accept liability for personal accident, loss, or damage to private property, which may be incurred as a result of the participation in CLOSTPATH. Participants are, therefore, advised to arrange appropriate insurance cover.
‘No photography/no recording/no sharing’ icons
- All presenters are given the opportunity to indicate when they do not give permission to have their results photographed, or posted on social media or blogs.
- Speakers are informed about the possibility to include icons to indicate sharing preference at the beginning of their oral presentations, e.g. on the Conflict of Interest slide.
- Hard copies of the icons will be available at the poster sessions and should be visibly posted next to the poster, if desired, by the presenter.
- The icons may also be downloaded from this website for inclusion on slides or posters prior to or during the meeting.
Any questions about this code of conduct should be directed to the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Code of Conduct was inspired by and adapted from the Code of Conduct of the European Planetary Science Congress 2019 (https://www.epsc-dps2019.eu/information/guidelines/code_of_conduct.html)